Forums » Introduce Yourself

My Introduction

• 4 posts
    April 19, 2018 1:19 PM MDT

Okay, Thomas Weaver...You're right. We need to do this.

My name is Amy Lehman. I write under the name Kiera Collins. I have a BA in Journalism with an accidental minor in English. I have had many writing jobs including journalist and technical writer and have written for a couple of online magazines. I have finished one novel (more than once - same novel) and am in the process of editing it. I plan to meet with an editor at a writer's conference in Wyoming in June so I am trying to have it all ready to go. I have another novel half written and too many other ideas to even mention. 

I am the mother of three grown children, a grandmother of one with another expected in October and have a small zoo of animals that live with me and my husband. I spent my entire life living in Pennsylvania and New York until three years ago when my husband and I moved the entire family to Idaho. We even brought my elderly mother along on the adventure.

My goal is to have Weapon sold this year so I can move on to other projects. I would also like to work on getting a few short stories published though short isn't really my thing.

• 1 posts
    April 19, 2018 5:41 PM MDT
    My name is Stephen Trolly. I'm a fantasy novelist from Ottawa, Canada. I graduated with honours from college with a degree in Professional Writing and Advertising.
    I've been writing fantasy for almost a decade now, since I was in my early teens.
    I'm working on two different projects, both fantasy. Two different series that are as much political as war-based.
    I like the advantage of being self-published, but I am still looking for a proper publisher.
    • 7 posts
    April 19, 2018 6:33 PM MDT

*takes deep breath*

My name is Thomas Weaver, and I'm both a fiction writer and line/copy editor.

I'm not good at introducing myself; I never know what people want to know about me, if anything.

Nevertheless, I'll make an attempt at an introduction: I'm a gregarious hermit (one of the great things about the internet is that I can interact with people without having to make eye contact), I've been a fiction writer (published and everything -- I even got paid once or twice) since the late 1980s, and I've been a professional editor (as opposed to doing it for free on peer critique sites) for more than a decade. I have an identical twin (in case you ever wonder what I mean by clone-sibling) who writes science fiction novels. I blog a lot about the mechanics of writing (more-or-less daily "Writing Glitch" posts) and sometimes about other topics related to writing fiction, including my/our "process," such as it is.

(I don't use nearly this many parenthetical asides in my fiction -- practically none there -- but I use them rather often in certain blog posts. Just thought you might want to know that. :-) )

A few years ago, author Gregory S. Close interviewed me, and you can find my answers to some common (and not-so-common) "tell us about yourself" questions there: https://northofandover.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/w/

• 1 posts
    July 3, 2018 2:50 PM MDT

Hi, Christine!  \(^◡^ )

And the rest of you, if you're still around. Whoa...I see what you meant about the tumbleweeds. *brushes cobwebs off shoulder*

Is there another introductions forum in the paid section where people are actually talking?  ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

• 4 posts
    July 13, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

Hi everyone. I check in at least once a day during the week. Sometimes on the weekends. I wish there was more activity. I am interested in participating if anyone has any ideas. :)